Official Contest Rules
• General. By submitting an entry to nominate a teacher (persons submitting nominations shall be referred to herein as “Entrant” or “Entrants”) and/or by participating in this contest (teachers nominated by Entrants are referred to herein as “Participant” or “Participants”) on the Station’s website (“News4Jax.com”), brought to you by WJXT-TV (“Station”) and Bozard Ford Lincoln (“Sponsor”), Entrants and Participants acknowledge and agree to all of these official contest rules (“Official Rules”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. By submitting an entry or participating in the contest, Entrants and Participants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the contest itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Station and Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the contest.
• Eligibility. The contest is open only to Entrants and Participants who are legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and reside in the Jacksonville designated market area (DMA) as defined by Nielsen, and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by applicable federal or state laws and regulations. A Participant must be an employed teacher at a school within the Jacksonville DMA during the duration of the contest to be eligible. Employees of Station and Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and members of these employees’ immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and those living in the same household with these employees, are not eligible to be Entrants or Participants.
• How To Enter. Enter the contest via News4jax.com. The contest is posted in the Contest section of the website. Entrant must complete the entry form and submit a photo of the teacher you are nominating (Entrant must have the right to use the photo) along with 50 words about why the teacher deserves to win a new car. If entries are longer than 50 words, the entry will be edited to a portion that only includes 50 words. At the end of the entry period ten (10) Finalists will be selected by Station and Sponsor in their sole discretion. Entries may be submitted beginning on 1/7/13 at 4am EST through 1/28/2013 at 3pm EST
Entrants must be the registered subscriber of the e-mail or telephone account from which the entry is made. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned. By checking the relevant box or selection in the registration form, Entrants agree that the Sponsor may contact the Entrant via email with information about pre-selected goods or services. If you do not wish to receive these materials do not check the relevant box in the entry form. If at any time you do not wish to receive these materials in the future, please use the unsubscribe procedures contained in the email message.
Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, as determined by Station in its sole discretion.
• Selection of Finalists. After the entry period is closed, Station and Sponsor in their sole discretion will select ten (10) Participants to be Finalists, to be voted on by the public. The entries (picture and 50 words edited from entry) of the ten (10) Finalists will be posted on News4Jax.com and the public will vote on them. One vote per computer will be allowed. The Finalist that receives the most votes will be the winner.
Potential Finalists will be notified at the email address provided to Station by Entrant(s). Station reserves the right to contact all contest Entrants to confirm the registration entry and to contact all Participants.
• Selection of Winners. The entries for the ten (10) Finalists will be available on News4jax.com to be voted on from 1/31/13 8am EST to 2/15/13 at noon EST. The Finalist with the highest number of votes will be the Grand Prize Winner. In the case of a tie, Station will randomly draw the Grand Prize Winner from those Finalists that are tied. On 2/22/13 the Grand Prize Winner will be announced during THE Morning Show.
Station reserves the right to contact all contest Entrants and all Participants to confirm the registration entry. The official registration list will remain the property of Station and will not be distributed to the Sponsor without the specific approval of the contest Entrant through the use of the Opt In check box on the registration form.
• Prize. Grand Prize Winner will receive a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid from Sponsor which has an estimated retail value of $30,000. Sponsor will pay for taxes and cost of title and tags. The nine (9) other Finalists, and the Entrant who nominated the Grand Prize Winner will each receive a 32” LCD Flat Screen TV from Sponsor (estimated retail value of $300). Sponsor will arrange for all prizes to be claimed. Winner(s) may be asked to show a photo ID. There will be no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, which may substitute prizes of comparable value. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
• Disclaimer and Representations. Winner(s) assumes all liability for any injuries or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the contest and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and releases the Station and Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any such liability. Neither the Station nor the Sponsor, nor their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are responsible for: the failure of any entry to be received by the Station due to computer failures of any kind, traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, telecommunications, network, electronic, telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, or any equipment malfunctions or other technical difficulties that may prevent the Station from receiving any entry submission; entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late or damaged; any injury or damage to the entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest; or any human errors, any inaccurate transcription of entry information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials or errors in these Official Rules. If applicable, text message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for any method of entry.
The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the Official Rules of the contest may result in an Entrant’s and/or Participant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. All decisions of the Station’s management with respect to the contest are final.
Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including, without limitation, as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, or for any reason whatsoever. The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement or posting. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any event related to the contest or prize is delayed, rescheduled, postponed, cancelled or has a change of venue, the Station reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
Entry and/or participation in the contest constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use each winner's name, home city and state, likeness, voice and/or video submission for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. Each winner's name and city of residence will be posted online and mailed to those who request it.
• Winner Announcement. For the name of the winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt within 60 days following the end of the contest period to Station at 4 Broadcast Place, Jacksonville, FL 32277, Attn: Contest Winner List, or email email@example.com. Be sure to specify the name of the contest for which you are requesting the list of winner(s).