Shred documents and fight hunger
On Shredder Day, April 15th from 7 A.M. - 7 P.M. Channel 4 will hold a food drive for Second Harvest North Florida. Viewers are asked to bring non-perishable food to the station when they bring their personal items to be shredded. You can donate peanut butter, baby food, boxes of pasta/macaroni, canned meat, canned fruit and vegetables, soup, rice, dry beans, cereal, etc.
Last year we collected over 10,000 pounds of food. Let's set a new record this year!
Here is a list of items that are in high demand:
1. Canned fruit: fruit cocktail, sliced peaches
2. Canned vegetables: corn, green beans
3. Canned meats: tuna, beef, all others
4. Canned beans: pork ‘n beans, black beans
5. Canned soup: chicken noodle soup, vegetable soup
6. Canned tomatoes and pasta sauce
7. Grains: pasta, rice
8. Breakfast cereals and granola bars
9. Peanut butter and jelly (non-glass containers)
10. Shelf-stable milk