2012 Universal Orlando Holidays Contest Rules
· General. By submitting an entry to this contest on the Station’s facebook page (“WJXT4 The Local Station”), brought to you by WJXT-TV (“Station”) and the Sponsor (“Universal Orlando Resort”), the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these official contest rules (“Official Rules”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. By entering the contest, entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the contest itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Station, whose decisions are binding and final. Unless otherwise specified by the Station, these Official Rules cover all contests conducted by the Station. The Official Rules may be amended by separate contest rules applicable to major contests or promotions conducted by the Station. Failure to comply with these Official Rules or any contest specific rules may result in disqualification from the contest.
· Eligibility. Unless otherwise posted at News4jax.com, the contest is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and reside in the local viewing area, and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by applicable federal or state laws and regulations. Employees of Station and Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and members of these employees’ immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and those living in the same household with these employees, are not eligible.
· How To Enter. Contest starts at 12:00 noon EST on 11/26/12 and ends at 12:00 noon EST on 12/15/12. Enter the contest via the contest application on WJXT4 The Local Station's facebook page. Entrants must be the registered subscriber of the e-mail or telephone account from which the entry is made. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned. By checking the relevant box or selection in the registration form, entrants agree that the Sponsor may contact the entrant via email with information about pre-selected goods or services. If you do not wish to receive these materials do not check the relevant box in the entry form. If at any time you do not wish to receive these materials in the future, please use the unsubscribe procedures contained in the email message.
Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
· Selection of Winners. Potential winner(s) will be randomly selected and notified of their prize(s) at the phone number or email address they provided when entering the Contest. Contest winner(s) must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or release of liability prize acceptance form within ten (10) days of winning or being notified of winning (sooner for time sensitive prizes), or prize(s) will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Station reserves the right to contact all contest entrants to confirm the registration entry. The official registration list will remain the property of Station and will not be distributed to the Sponsor without the specific approval of the contest entrant through the use of the Opt In check box on the registration form.
One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive the following:
- Hotel accommodations for one (1) night at a hotel selected by Universal Orlando.
- Four (4) 2-Park Annual Passes
- Four (4) theater tickets to see Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando.
- One (1) complimentary Universal Orlando general parking pass.
Twenty (20) Secondary Prize winners will receive the following:
- Two (2) 1-day/ 2-park Universal Orlando tickets.
- One (1) complimentary Universal Orlando general parking pass.
The Grand Prize winner will be contacted by the Sponsor. All secondary winners must pick up their prize (at the address listed below) no later than ten (10) days after contest has ended. If the winner of a contest is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the prize. Winners may be asked to show a photo ID. There will be no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except at the sole discretion of Station, which may substitute prizes of comparable value. Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes unless otherwise stated at News4jax.com. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
· Disclaimer and Representations. Winner assumes all liability for any injuries or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the contest and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and releases the Station and Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any such liability. Neither the Station nor the Sponsor, nor their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are responsible for: the failure of any entry to be received by the Station due to computer failures of any kind, traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, telecommunications, network, electronic, telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, or any equipment malfunctions or other technical difficulties that may prevent the Station from receiving any entry submission; entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late or damaged; any injury or damage to the entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest; or any human errors, any inaccurate transcription of entry information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials or errors in these Official Rules. If applicable, text message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for any method of entry.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Station and not to Facebook. By participating in this Contest you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims. Participation in this Contest is subject to the Official Rules.
The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s Facebook account. Failure to comply with the Official Rules of the contest may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. All decisions of the Station’s management with respect to the contest are final.
Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including, without limitation, as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, or for any reason whatsoever. The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement or posting. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any event related to the contest or prize is delayed, rescheduled, postponed, cancelled or has a change of venue, the Station reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, home city and state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. The winner's name and city of residence will be posted online and mailed to those who request it.