2012 WEATHER ENGINEERS, INC Inside Weather 4-Cast Contest Rules
WJXT-TV Contest Rules & Qualifications
By submitting an entry to this contest, sponsored by WJXT-TV, News4Jax.com and WEATHER ENGINEERS, INC., the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Must be a legal U.S. resident 18 years and older, with a valid Social Security number. Winners will be required to sign a release of liability and W9 Tax Form upon winning. Employees, agents, officers and directors of WJXT-TV and other companies affiliated with the contest prizes, and their relatives, are not eligible to win.. WJXT-TV reserves the right to withdraw the transmission of this contest and award prizes from among the entries received prior to the date of withdrawal, or to cancel the contest in its entirety without awarding any prizes.
Entrant must submit a 30-60 second video of them doing an indoor weather forecast from various areas of their home, and must say how a new “Bryant heating and cooling system from Weather Engineers, your inside weather guys” would benefit them, using these exact words identified in quotes to refer to Bryant and Weather Engineers, Inc., or your entry will not be accepted. Video must be uploaded via the app on WJXT4 The Local Station Facebook page during the entry period. The contest entry period begins at 4:00 AM (EST) on MAY 21, 2012 and ends at 12pm (EST) on JUNE 13TH, 2012. Limit one entry for person.
All video entries will be voted on by the public on the Facebook app beginning at 4:00 AM (EST) on June 14, 2012 and ending at 5:00 PM on June 17, 2012. Users can vote once per video per 24 hours. The top 5 videos with the most votes will be the finalists.
The winner will be announced on The Morning Show, during the Live broadcast from the Beach during our 1st day of Summer Kick –Off on June 20th, 2012. Winner will be notified by email and/or his/her name will be posted on News4Jax.com. Weather Engineers, Inc. will contact the winner to make arrangements for installation of the prize. Arrangements for the HVAC installation must be made within 30 days of the contest ending or the prize will be forfeited.
One winner will each receive:
1. A complete 15 SEER Bryant Heating and cooling system Model 215BNA, Air handler Model FX4DNF, Backup Heater and Digital Programmable Thermostat installed in a residential home. ESTIMATED RETAIL VALUE $7500. Prize may not be redeemed for cash value. Prize may not be transferred without the written consent of Weather Engineers, Inc.
2. New system includes Refrigerant recovery, dispose of existing equipment, connect to existing duct system, low voltage wire connections including up to 25’ of new control wire as needed, high voltage wire connections at Equipment, permit, copper refrigerant connections including up to 25’ of new copper as needed, connect to existing primary drain line, hurricane pad as per required code, Indoor unit platform, safety float switches, load calculation, 2- free system inspections in first year, Bryant factory warranty 10 year parts ( Unit must be registered @ Bryant.com within 60 days of installation) 1 year labor warranty from Weather Engineers, Inc.
3. Excludes any needed electrical circuits, disconnect switches and/or breakers. ( Homeowner will be required to hire licensed Electrician if any electrical is needed)
4. The prize must be installed in a residential home and excludes installation at a business. Home must be located in the City of Jacksonville or within a 50 mile radius of the City. The Winner must be the owner of the residence where the HVAC unit is installed.
5. ANY ALTERATION OR DEVIATION FROM THE ABOVE SPECIFICATIONS AND ANY EXTRA OR INCIDENTAL WORK SHALL BE SET FORTH IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY WINNER AND WEATHER ENGINEERS, INC. PRIOR TO MAKING THE CHANGE. ANY INCREASE OR DECREASE IN THE PRIZE RESULTING FROM SUCH CHANGE SHALL BE INCLUDED IN SUCH WRITING. IF THE AGREED TO CHANGE DECREASES THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE, WINNER WILL NOT RECEIVE THE CASH VALUE OF THAT MONETARY DIFFERENCE. ANY CHARGE TO WINNER FOR EXTRA OR ADDITIONAL WORK IS SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER.
6. ALL MATERIAL IS GUARANTEED TO BE AS SPECIFIED. ALL WORK WILL BE COMPLETED IN A WORKMANLIKE MANNER ACCORDING TO STANDARD PRACTICES.
7. ALL AGREEMENTS AND PRIZE FULLFILLMENTS ARE CONTINGENT UPON CAUSES BEYOND WEATHER ENGINEERS, INC.’ CONTROL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO FIRE, FLOOD, STRIKES, ACCIDENTS, OR DELAYS WHETHER AFFECTING THIS WORK OR OTHER OPERATIONS IN WHICH WEATHER ENGINEERS, INC. ARE INVOLVED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY.
8. WINNER TO CARRY FIRE, TORNADO, AND OTHER NECESSARY INSURANCE. WEATHER ENGINEER’S WORKERS ARE FULLY COVERED BY WORKMEN’S COMPENSATION INSURANCE.
9. WEATHER ENGINEERS, INC. PROVIDES A ONE-YEAR LABOR WARRANTY. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT INCLUDE NORMAL MAINTENANCE CHECK-UP AND FILTER REPLACEMENTS. THESE ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. ALL OTHER WARRANTYS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED ARE THRU THE EQUIPTMENT MANUFACTURER.
10. THERE WILL BE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, FOR EXISTING EQUIPMENT, DUCT WORK, OTHER MATERIALS IF NOT INSTALLED BY WEATHER ENGINEERS, INC.
11. WINNER UNDERSTANDS THAT THE COST OF REMOVAL, REPAIR OF DISPOSAL OF ANY ASBESTOS CONTAINING MATERIAL FOUND ON THE PROPERTY LISTED ABOVE SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
12. WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL COSTS AND REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES INCURRED BY WEATHER ENGINEERS, INC., IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING (INCLUDING ARBITRATION AND APPEALS) ARISING OUT OF THIS PRIZE AWARD INCLUDING COLLECTION OF ANY OUTSTANDING AMOUNTS DUE, WHETHER OR NOT SUIT IS BROUGHT.
13. ALL WARRANTY WORK WILL BE PERFORMED DURING NORMAL WORKING HOURS 8AM TO 4:30PM MONDAY THRU FRIDAY.
a. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. If the prize value exceeds $600, winner will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent. Photo ID will be required to claim all prizes.
b. By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in perpetuity, without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
c. By entering this contest, entrants and winner agree to hold WJXT-TV, its corporate licensee, its parent corporations, affiliated companies and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives, owners and employees harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, WJXT-TV in its sole discretion may require the contest winner to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold WJXT-TV, its corporate licensee, its parent corporations, affiliated companies and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives, owners and employees harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest
d. WJXT-TV reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned due to political, catastrophic or any other conditions throughout the world that prevent award of a prize or prizes in this contest, or for any other reason as determined by WJXT-TV in its sole discretion.
e. WJXT-TV reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. WJXT-TV reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
f. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of WJXT-TV.
g. WJXT-TV is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize, or any telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer transmissions that are lost, late or damaged. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. WJXT-TV reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process.
h. WJXT-TV reserves the right to add or amend the rules of this contest until the date of the prize distribution.
j. By entering the contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and entrant waives his or her right to a jury trial for such disputes, claims and causes of action.
k. There may be additional waiver forms the winners are required to sign. Failure to sign any required waivers or releases shall disqualify winner.
l. By entering this contest you guarantee that you have the legal right to post your video and that it will not violate any law or the rights of any person or entity, and you grant WJXT-TV the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use, assign, sublicense, distribute, display and create derivative works from this video, in any and all media, in any manner, in whole or in part, without any restriction or responsibilities to you. You are solely responsible for the content of your video, nevertheless WJXT-TV reserves the right to delete videos in our sole discretion.