Picadillo Wrap w/ Lime-Cilantro Cream
3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
Mojo Criollo Marinade (Goya makes an exceptional one)
½ lb. Chorizo Chicken Sausage, removed from casing and chopped
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
Large onion, chopped
½ cup chopped green or red pepper
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 ¼ tsp. ground coriander
2 tsp. salt
½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. sweet paprika
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. sugar
¾ cup beer or chicken stock
2 tbsp. tomato paste
¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce
1 ½ cup chopped canned tomatoes
½ cup raisins
1 lb. baking potatoes, peeled and finely diced
½ cup chopped Spanish green olives
2 tbsp. cider vinegar
1 tbsp. drained capers
2 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 cups sour cream
Juice of one lime
Lime zest to taste
3 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
1. Mix ingredients in bowl, adding juice a little at a time to make sure mixture does not become watery.
2. Can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator to blend flavors.
Large Soft Tortilla Wraps
1. Bake or BBQ the chicken breasts in Mojo Sauce until cooked through. Cool, then shred chicken, set aside.
2. In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil and cook the chorizo sausage, stirring until well browned. About 10 minutes.
3. Add onion, bell peppers, and garlic till soft about 3 minutes
4. While cooking, put all spice blend ingredients together in one dish.
5. Add the beer, tomato paste, tomatoes, Tabasco, Shredded Chicken Breast and the Spice Blend- bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, cook potato dice over heated oil until golden brown
7. Add cooked potato, raisins, olives, vinegar and capers to uncovered pan for about 5 minutes to plump raisins and blend flavors.
8. Add eggs and lime juice, season with salt and pepper and stir just to heat through.
9. Heat tortilla in microwave for about 30 seconds to soften.
10. Fill with Picadillo
11. Spoon Lime/Cilantro Cream on top and seal tortilla.
2 oz. Clear Rum
¾ oz. Cointreau
4 dashes of fresh squeezed lemon juice
Add ingredients to cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and pour over ice. Can also be made as shooters.
Copyright 2013 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.