The first two time winner of Food Network's Cupcake Wars Hollis Wilder believes No V-Day is complete without chocolate! Learn how to make Miss Holly's quintessential Chocolate Buttercream Icing and yellow cake!
Miss Holly's Chocolate Buttercream Recipe
2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
12 ounces imported dark chocolate, melted
3 TBS whole milk
1 1/2 tsp madagascar bourbon vanilla
5 cups confectioners sugar
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter until smooth and creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes
2. With mixer on low speed, add melted chocolate until just combined.
3. Add milk, vanilla and sugar. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
Miss Holly's Yellow cake recipe
2 1/2 cups cake flour
1 2/3 cups sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups whole milk
2/3 cups butter
3 large eggs
1 tsp madagascar bourbon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350 degress
2. Combine flour, sugar baking powder and salt in mixing bowl
3. Add 3/4 cups milk and butter. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs, 1/2 cup milk and vanilla. Beat for about 2 minutes, until well combined.
4. Pour into lined cupcake pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean from center
Copyright 2013 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.