Chef Chris prepares some spectacular swordfish on The Morning Show on Friday, cooked with Cajun blacken spice and served with a gingered pineapple-kiwi salsa.
Gingered Pineapple-Kiwi Salsa
- 1/2 golden pineapple, peeled cored 3/8 inch dice
- 5 kiwi peeled 3/8 inch dice
- 3/4 cup red onion 3/8inch dice
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 1/2 cup ginger nibs
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
Combine all ingredients except salt. Add salt a little at a time to get proper taste.
Cajun Blacken Spice
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp granulated onion
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
Mix all ingredients together well and store in a glass jar. Season seafood, beef, chicken, or pork and sear over high heat, in cast iron pan, to achieve the desired blackened look and taste.
Copyright 2013 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.