Date of Opening:
Date Posting Expires:
PNS - WJXT-TV 4
Location of Position:
4 Broadcast Place
General Position Description:
Provide IT support for the WJXT facility and end users, including sales, business, web, mobile & TV broadcast. Insure that all network, client work stations & servers are up to date & properly secured. Provide administrative support to the Chief Engineer in planning & budgeting. Provide technical guidance and supervision to staff techs for day to day operations as well as project execution.
1. Responsible for designing and maintaining network infrastructure. Additional responsibilities include desktop, server, web, mobile & television broadcast support and installation. The candidate will be required to perform and lead IT projects as determined by the Chief Engineer.
2. Experience with Cisco router and Switch deployment and management,
Window Server 2008/2012 including Active Directory (Server 2008, 2012) and Windows 7 and 8.
Support of additional desktop and engineering software including Visio, AutoCad, and Office 2010. Linux & any other hardware/software that is integral to our day-to-day operations.
3. Coordinate equipment & supplies to adequately provide for all IT needs. Work with other departments to determine their IT requirements.
- Four year computer degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience of IT supervisory responsibility
- Cisco certified with in-depth knowledge of Cisco equipment
- In-depth knowledge of Linux
- Demonstrated track record in project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; solid interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced, lean environment
- Hold a valid driver's license & the ability to maintain a safe driving record
- Ability to handle physical demands of job, such as: lifting/carrying objects 50 lbs., pushing/pulling, kneeling/reaching/climbing, etc.
- Experience in a broadcast environment preferred
The above description does not necessarily include all of the essential functions or occasional work assignments of this position. This position description is subject to periodic review and change.
NOTE: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting. WJXT is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, matriculation or political affiliation. Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of a pre-employment and drug screen, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks.
Name or Department:
James Lowery/Chief Engineer
4 Broadcast Place Jacksonville, Florida 32207