Chef Chriss Brown of 927 Events is sharing her recipe for prosperity soup. It's made with three traditionally "lucky" foods for New Year's: black eyed peas, collard greens and stewed tomatoes.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup each carrots, celery, onion
Sautéed until soft
- 1 tablespoon of poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- Add 4 cups of cleaned, chopped Collard Greens and heat until wilted.
- Add 6 cups of Vegetable stock
- Add in stewed tomatoes, Black eyed peas, and simmer for 2 hours as soup reduces and thickens slightly.
*optional to add one diced Jalapeño
Serve over brown rice. Or as a soup.
This is a vegetarian meal, however, it can be modified with ham hock or another protein.