Citrus & Ancho Marinated Chicken - a healthy player favorite
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 8 chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the Marinade, whisk together all ingredients large bowl until combined. Add chicken breast and turn to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Preheat grill. Remove chicken from marinade and season on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the breasts for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the breasts over and baste with some of the reserved marinade and cook for 4 minutes or until the chicken is well-browned and cook through. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover and let sit 10 minutes.
Black Bean Pico De Gallo - The black beans add a bit of protein to this vegetable rich recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups diced roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Salt and pepper
In a bowl combine all ingredients. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
Spicy Green Rice - A healthy version of the traditional arroz verde.
- 2 Poblano peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium lime, halved
- Place the peppers, scallions, parsley, cilantro, and salt in a blender. Add the water and process until smooth; set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat in a large saucepan with a tight fitting lid. When the butter starts to foam, add the rice, stirring well to coat each grain. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is fragrant and slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add the blended ingredients to the pan and mix well. Simmer for 1 minute, then stir in the chicken broth. Return the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook until the liquid has been completely absorbed and the rice is tender, about 14 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the rice sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Uncover and squeeze the lime halves over the rice. Stir well and serve