A fire that apparently started in the garage of a home on Lake Shore Boulevard on Wednesday morning consumed the house, but Jacksonville firefighters say two women and their two dogs made it out of the house safely.
The fire apparently started in the carport just before 8:30 a.m. Residents said they heard an explosion and attempted to tackle flames with an extinguisher before firefighters arrived.
The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.