A fire that apparently started in the garage of a home on Lake Shore Boulevard on Wednesday morning consumed the house, but Jacksonville firefighters say two women and their two dogs made it out of the house safely.
The women said they will stay with neighbors while damage is accessed and the state Fire Marshal's investigation continues on how the fire started.
The views expressed below are not those of News4Jax or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.