The second of three women pulled from a burning house in the Grand Park neighborhood late Tuesday afternoon has died, and a third victim remains hospitalized.

Firefighters called to 2100 block of West 17th Street found heavy flames consuming the front of the home.

Investigators said 69-year-old Bernell Taylor died Tuesday and was found near the carport in the front of the home. A second victim, 92-year-old Bessy Mae Ladson, was found in the back of the house, had been hospitalized in critical condition at Shands Jacksonville Medical Center. Channel 4 learned Friday she had died.

"We are just sticking together and praying fro one another," said Inez Taylor, who lost her mother and grandmother in the fire.

"She walked around to talk to my grandad and saw the smoke coming from the house and she saw the house on fire and started busting out windows. She was trying to pull my grandma out of the fire but she couldn't really do nothing for her. The smoke took her over," said Joseph Taylor whose mother is in the hospital.

"Everybody asks me if I'm okay and I tell them no I'm not, I'm really not. I lost my grandma one day and my great grandma the next. I try to smile but it's hard to when everything is fixing to change because my grandmamma was everybody's world. She wasn't just our grandma, she was everybody's grandma."

A third woman in her 40s who went into the burning house to try and help was badly burned. JFRD spokesman Tom Francis said it was likely she would be transferred to the burn unit at Shands Medical Center in Gainesville, but no additional information was provided.

Barbara Turner, a close family friend tried to help, but the flames were too much.

"I had just pulled up, she was screaming," Turner said. "I heard her screaming and the house was on fire. We tried to run around to see what was going on. It was already in flames when we came around."

The Bernell Taylor's husband was out playing softball when he heard about the fire. Friend who were with him Tuesday said he's too distraught to speak about his wife.

Others who lived in the home were not hurt, but were visibly grieving at the scene.