The Union flag is also commonly known as the Union Jack. Some say the term jack should only be used to refer to the flag when it's flown on a warship but according to the Flag Institute, which runs the UK flag registry, this is a relatively recent idea.
- Tributes pour in for slain British soldier
- Truck hit caused bridge collapse, police say
- Hearts still broken days after Moore tornado
- Funeral held for 8-year-old tornado victim
- How safe is that bridge you're driving over?
- 2 held after Pakistan-UK flight diverted
- Florida gay teen rejects plea deal
- Arias jury foreman: Decision 'gut-wrenching'
- Tornado loss estimate: $2 billion to $5 billion