The Union flag is also commonly known as the Union Jack. Some say the term jack should only be used to refer to the flag when it's flown on a warship but according to the Flag Institute, which runs the UK flag registry, this is a relatively recent idea.
- Heart cancels SeaWorld show
- Jenni Rivera plane crash probe still ongoing
- Security pact a topic in Hagel's Afghan trip
- Israeli president on meeting Rouhani : Why not?
- Nelson Mandela: The ultimate male feminist?
- Police: Newlyweds lure man for thrill killing
- Ukraine braces for more protests
- Mandela family: 'He will always be with us'
- NASA shares image of massive 'Hexagon'