A blaze broke out at a dance hall on Christmas Day in the central city of Luoyang, China, killing 309 people. Most of the victims were revelers suffocated by smoke.
- Uncertainty after North Korean execution
- 'Affluenza': Is it real?
- Report shows animal care 'lacking' at National Zoo
- Philippine deaths in Typhoon Haiyan top 6,000
- Prince Harry reaches South Pole
- Several stabbed after NFL football game
- Nelson Mandela funeral: What to expect
- And the top lie of 2013 goes to...
- World powers and Iran end nuclear talks