In addition to Belanger, the victims were Francisco Ayo-Roman; Michelle Nathan, 19; Anthony Vega, 34; Roberto Gonzalez, 28; and Jonathan Gleason, 17.
A fourth defendant, Robert Cannon, 20, pleaded guilty in October to all the charges. But when he took the stand early in the trial, he refused to testify and said he wanted to withdraw his guilty plea because he was innocent. Chief Circuit Judge Bill Parsons hasn't decided whether he will allow the change.
The case was moved from DeLand to St. Augustine after Parsons determined he could not select an impartial jury because of intense news coverage.
After about an hour and a half of jury direction, the jury has begun to deliberate.
- July 24, 2006: Closing Arguments Begin In Case Of 6 Slayings
- July 20, 2006: Defendants Deny Killing Anyone In Video Game Slayings
- July 19, 2006: 'Ringleader' Of Xbox Murders Takes Stand In His Defense
- July 18, 2006: State: Victims' Blood On Defendant's Bat, Boots
- July 17, 2006: Investigator: 2 Defendants Admit Beating 6 People Who Were Killed
- July 14, 2006: Judge Denies Mistrial In Xbox Slaying Case
- July 13, 2006: Star Witness In Alleged Xbox Slayings 'Can Say No More'
- July 12, 2006: Prosecutor Details 6 Grisly Slayings In 'Xbox Murder Trial'
- July 5, 2006: St. Johns Jurors Being Chosen To Hear Xbox Murder Trial
- April 10, 2006: Judge Rules Suspect In Deltona Slayings Competent To Stand Trial
- March 2, 2006: Judge Says Deltona Slayings Trial Will Remain In Volusia County
- March 24, 2005: Judge Seals Crime Scene, Autopsy Photos From Deltona Massacre
- February 21, 2005: Accused Ringleader In Deltona Slayings Says He Was Passed Out
- January 7, 2005: Witness In Deltona Slayings Says He Wants to Testify At Trial
- September 29, 2004: Deltona House Where 6 Were Killed Is Up For Sale
- September 14, 2004: Last Of 4 Accused In Deltona Slayings Pleads Not Guilty
- August 9, 2004: Men Accused In Brutal Slayings Denied Bond
- August 7, 2004: Six People Found Dead In Deltona Home