½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel garlic cloves and cut into small pieces. With the tip of a sharp knife make slits in the pork loin. Stick the garlic pieces into the slits.
3. In a small bowl mix the pepper, Mrs. Dash seasoning, and dried thyme. Rub the mixture over the pork loin.
4. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the oil then sear the meat on all sides until browned, about 5-8 minutes.
5. Place pork loin in a roasting pan and cook for 1 hour or until the thermometer reads at least 145 degrees.
6. Remove roast from pan. Let roast sit for 10 minutes.
For the sauce: In a small bowl mix the apple cider with the cornstarch. Add the onion to the sauté pan that was used to brown the pork and cook for 2 minutes until slightly browned. Add the apple cider mixture, cranberries, and spices to the pan and simmer, stirring for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens and the cranberries begin to split. Serve with the sliced roast pork.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 168 Carbohydrates: 9 g
Total Fat: 7 g Cholesterol: 73 mg
Saturated Fat: 1 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g
Sodium: 62 mg Protein: 23 g
Parmesan Brown Rice Pilaf (Serves 6)