1 ½ lbs. red or green Swiss chard
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger root, minced
2 Tbsp. water (or more if needed)
1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
¼ tsp. pepper
¼ cup walnuts, chopped and toasted*
1. Wash the chard and strip the leaves off the stalks.
2. Coarsely chop the greens.
3. In a large skillet or stockpot with a lid, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic and ginger and cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Add greens and stir to coat with oil. Add 2 Tbsp. water, cover, and cook until greens are wilted and soft, about 5 min. Add more water if necessary.
5. Season with the soy sauce and pepper.
6. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
*NOTE: To toast walnuts: heat walnuts in a dry pan over medium heat until slightly browned with a nutty aroma. Remove from heat.
Nutritional Facts: for ½ cup serving
Calories: 65 Protein: 5g
Fat: 7g Fiber: 3g
Sat. fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg