He graduated from the University of Georgia in 1943 and served in the Army in Europe during World War II. His first reporting job was at the Temple (Texas) Daily Telegram. He also had stints for United Press in Atlanta, New York and London during his journalism career.
- Is tinkering with time bad for your health?
- Albertsons to buy Safeway
- Russia backs Crimea vote, dismisses sanctions
- Four things about Crimea's referendum
- Hiring surprisingly stronger in February
- Issa tries to 'clear the air' with Rep. Cummings
- China to fight pollution with drones
- Ex-girlfriend says Pistorius cheated on her
- Michigan report details prison escape