"Caution, caution, caution! Anticipate, and do it before something bad happens,” advised Bhargava.

It may just save your child’s life!

Bhargava says loose computer cables and wires are also a strangulation hazard. Make sure these are tied properly. She says pennies are the most common item she sees kids ingest. Often, they will pass on their own, but the coins can get stuck in the esophagus.

Test Your Knowledge: A household hazards quiz can be found at www.housekeeping.org/blog/pop-quiz-hidden-household-hazards/