A north Florida man who survived the deadly Interstate 75 crash that killed 11 people in January has sent notice that he intends to sue the Florida Highway Patrol for negligence.
An attorney for 22-year-old Steven Camps sent the notice on Friday.
Camps and a friend were able to jump out of their cars as the deadly pileup south of Gainesville left cars crushed under trucks and vehicles in flames. The pileup started minutes after Florida Highway Patrol troopers reopened the highway, which had been closed because of poor visibility from a nearby wildfire.
Camps says he has suffered psychologically.
A report released Thursday by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement concluded state troopers made errors but found no criminal violations
A spokeswoman for the agency says it hadn't yet received the notice.