The Monster Truck Jam will be at Everbank Field this weekend. Along with the fun, will also come traffic.
There are also at least 10 other major events going on downtown, making it one of the busiest weekends downtown of the year.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office held a press conference so the media can help them inform the public about downtown traffic patterns as well as safety tips.
Starting at 9 a.m. Saturday, no parking will be allowed on Bay Street. The roadway will be in a two eastbound lanes/two westbound lanes traffic pattern.
- Inbound Traffic patterns pre-event do not restrict access to any Downtown/Sports complex venue.
- Starting at 3 p.m. Saturday, Bay Street will have 3 lanes east bound and 1 lane west bound.
- Signage will be posted in the downtown area to direct event traffic to parking lot locations for parking.
- Follow the JSO's Twitter feed (@JSOPIO) all afternoon for traffic and parking updates. (#MTJ)
- Starting about 10 p.m., Gator Bowl Blvd. at Festival Way (WJCT) will be one-way north bound.
- Starting about 10 p.m., Bay Street/Gator Bowl Blvd starting at Lot "J" exit will be one-way west bound.
- There will be one way traffic patterns away from the complex post event for 45 minutes to one hour.
- If you are planning to pick up passengers post event, you will have to wait until after the traffic pattern returns to normal, approximately 60 min after the event ends.
- Taxi drop off and pick up is located at the North End of the stadium, near Gate 3.
Additional Tips (especially important if you are not familiar with downtown Jacksonville):
- If you are able to, Monster Truck fans are encouraged to pick-up their tickets from the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena Box Office prior to Saturday. There is a Jacksonville Sharks home game that afternoon which may cause delays in picking up tickets.
- Arrive early as traffic is expected to be slow.
- There is very little pre-paid parking on event day. A map of parking lots near the stadium is available at jaxsheriff.org. Please remember to bring cash to pay for parking. Prices will vary depending on the lot.
- Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and Florida Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco enforcement agents will be working this event with a focus on underage drinking.
- Beaver Street and Monroe Street are underutilized; if you are parking on the west side of the stadium, these streets will get you to the parking garages and all the lots on the west side of the stadium.
- No streets will be closed in the sports complex before the start of the Monster Truck Jam. Sign boards will direct drivers into the appropriate lanes for designated lots.
- Fans should try to cross the bridge into downtown that is closest to their parking space not the bridge most convenient to their origination point. For example: if you leave from San Marco and your parking pass if for Lot C, do not take the Main Street Bridge. Instead take the Hart Bridge and enter the stadium area that way. It will save time spent in traffic on the downtown side of the bridge.
- Maps and tips regarding inbound and outbound traffic are available at www.jaxsheriff.org.
- Individuals entering the downtown area from I-10 East/I-95 North are reminded to be in the far right lane. Persons attending the Pink Floyd Experience at the Florida Theatre, the UniverSoul Circus at the Prime Osborn Convention Center, and the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra at the Times-Union Center for Performing Arts are encouraged to use exit 352A/Forest Street (North) or the Convention Center exit 353A (South). Fans attending the Monster Truck Jam are asked to exit on either Forsyth Street, Union Street or Martin Luther King Jr. Drive.
- Please refer to the variable message boards for specific instructions on parking, not your navigation systems.