The red light camera grace period at five Jacksonville intersections will come to an end in the next few days, and notices of violation will start being issued.
The approaches that go into effect at midnight Thursday are:
- Atlantic Boulevard at Southside Boulevard (eastbound approach)
- Beach Boulevard at Southside Boulevard (eastbound approach)
- Beach Boulevard at Southside Boulevard (westbound approach)
Notices of violation for eastbound and westbound approaches of Baymeadows Road at I-295 go into effect at midnight Friday.
And at midnight Saturday, the notices go into effect at the following:
- 103rd Street at Firestone Road (eastbound approach)
- 103rd Street at Ricker Road (westbound approach)
Current updates on the other intersections are listed on the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office's website.
The owner of the car, no matter who is driving, will be responsible for paying the $158 ticket if cited. If the fine goes unpaid for 30 days or more, it becomes a citation, or an official ticket with a $274 fine and points on the driver's license. The fines can be fought in court.