CEO of Daniel Jim Clark put together a few guidelines to help parents make healthy choices and prevent childhood obesity.
• Watch Portions and Snacking - There is no need to super-size at fast-food restaurants or at home.
• Control Snacking
- Snacking can be very good for your child throughout the day to keep his/her blood sugar at a constant, but only if meals are smaller and you are giving your child good choices for snacks.
• Drink Water
-Sugary, soft drinks are of zero nutritional value for your children. They are chock full of calories, many have caffeine which isn’t the best idea and they do damage to teeth.
• Exercise and Limit Screen Time
- Limit screen time in your household. Two hours (for non-school work) is generous.
- Enroll your child in sports, take family walks, swim at the beach or pool. Just get moving.
• Set a good example as a parent. Make sure you are modeling behavior you want to foster in your children.
For more information about healthy lifestyle choices for children visit danielkids.org.