Since learning that Episcopal School's Dale Regan was killed by a teacher who had just been fired, students, alumni, co-workers, alumni and community members have expressed their shock and shared their grief.
Read what others are saying, then scroll down to the comments fields at the bottom and leave your thoughts.
- Sheila N. McJilton: "Senseless violence and a fine Head of School gone home. May she rest in peace."
- Shirley McKie Dedmon: "Prayers going out to the Regan family tonight and may you, Ms. Regan, RIP."
- Claudia Miller: "This is so tragic and senseless. What is happening to people that makes them so desperate? God be with Mrs. Regan's family and the students at Episcopal High School."
- Janice Maria Cooper-Watts, Jacksonville: "Jesus! Help us Lord. The enemy use whoever he can, none of us are exept. God please comfort these people, both families and the students and faculty and all that is affected by this awful act."
- Galt Lives, University of Central Florida: "I am in tears. I knew her-but only a little. What a tragic loss of a wonderful person, especially for her family."
- Shannon Stevens, Orange Park: "Praying for everyone involved! Sad times in our world today with so many mentally unstable people!"
- Sen. John Thrasher: “I deeply regret that an outstanding educator has been killed in this senseless act. As Florida mourns her loss, my sympathy and prayers go out to the family of Dale Regan and the lives she touched.”
- Sen. Steve Wise: “Dale Regan was a recognized leader in Jacksonville, especially as an educator and administrator. Her tragic death is a great loss for the Episcopal School and the whole community.
- Sen. Audrey Gibson: "My thoughts and prayers go out to the loved ones of Dale Regan and the entire Episcopal School family. This is a sad day for our entire community family.”
- Gov. Rick Scott: "When I was given the news of the tragic death of Dale Regan today, I joined the entire Jacksonville community in being both shocked and saddened. My thoughts and prayers are with the Regan family and all who were affected by this awful act. I join with the entire state of Florida this evening in mourning the loss of such a wonderful teacher and leader."
- Mayor Alvin Brown: "I am still in shock over the tragedy at Episcopal. Santhea and I continue to pray for Dale Regan and her family. My thoughts are with the students, teachers and administrators at the school as they grieve the loss of this beloved educator. I ask our entire community to pray for the Regan family and the Episcopal family."
Please use our comment field below to leave your thoughts and memories. Please, this is the place to honor a fallen educator. Please be respectful and take off-topic posts elsewhere.