Chef Chris prepares some spectacular swordfish on The Morning Show on Friday, cooked with Cajun blacken spice and served with a gingered pineapple-kiwi salsa.
Gingered Pineapple-Kiwi Salsa
- 1/2 golden pineapple, peeled cored 3/8 inch dice
- 5 kiwi peeled 3/8 inch dice
- 3/4 cup red onion 3/8inch dice
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 1/2 cup ginger nibs
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
Combine all ingredients except salt. Add salt a little at a time to get proper taste.
Cajun Blacken Spice
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp granulated onion
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
Mix all ingredients together well and store in a glass jar. Season seafood, beef, chicken, or pork and sear over high heat, in cast iron pan, to achieve the desired blackened look and taste.