(CNN) -- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer killed Thursday evening has been identified as Sean Collier, 26, of Somerville, Massachusetts, law enforcement officials said Friday. Collier had been fatally shot while he sat in his car and police believe that suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing were responsible.
- Leaders praise 'giant of history' Mandela
- Kerry faces grilling over Iran deal
- Deep freeze fails to deter Ukraine protesters
- 2 adults, 4 children missing in Nevada
- NYC taxi calendar: My cabbie is a centerfold!
- Obama shakes hands with Raul Castro
- New 'super roach' can survive in cold
- Chemical weapons group gets Nobel Peace Prize
- Congressman to host gun safety event on Newtown anniversary