Editors: The story Philippines Typhoon, which was last published at 8:54 p.m. on Saturday, December 8, incorrectly stated the scale of Typhoon Bopha. It is the strongest tropical cyclone to hit the Philippine island of Mindanao in decades, not the strongest to hit the Philippines in decades. It is the strongest typhoon to hit the Philippines this year. Also, the byline and dateline on the story were outdated. The byline should have been "CNN Staff" and the story should not have carried a dateline. Please correct all copy as needed.
- Rescuers: Stranded whales may be dehydrated
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis get Grammy respect
- Winter weather: Outages, travel woes await
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- Plump pooch purloins plenty at store
- Amid Mandela tributes, fake quotes creep in
- NASA shares image of massive 'Hexagon'
- Willie Nelson: 'SeaWorld is not OK'
- Amanda Bynes steps out post-treatment