Editors: The story Philippines Typhoon, which was last published at 8:54 p.m. on Saturday, December 8, incorrectly stated the scale of Typhoon Bopha. It is the strongest tropical cyclone to hit the Philippine island of Mindanao in decades, not the strongest to hit the Philippines in decades. It is the strongest typhoon to hit the Philippines this year. Also, the byline and dateline on the story were outdated. The byline should have been "CNN Staff" and the story should not have carried a dateline. Please correct all copy as needed.
- 22,737 pounds of beef recalled on E. coli fears
- Michigan dig resumes in latest hunt for Hoffa
- Senate negotiators seek immigration deal
- The new search for Jimmy Hoffa is one of many
- Pentagon: Women in combat units by 2016
- House passes late-term abortion ban
- Official: 4 Americans killed in Afghanistan
- Brazilian president: Protesters 'being heard'
- Feds search New York home linked to mobster