Editors: The story Philippines Typhoon, which was last published at 8:54 p.m. on Saturday, December 8, incorrectly stated the scale of Typhoon Bopha. It is the strongest tropical cyclone to hit the Philippine island of Mindanao in decades, not the strongest to hit the Philippines in decades. It is the strongest typhoon to hit the Philippines this year. Also, the byline and dateline on the story were outdated. The byline should have been "CNN Staff" and the story should not have carried a dateline. Please correct all copy as needed.
- Was TWA Flight 800 crash accidental?
- Ohio day care accused of drugging children
- Blaze blamed on campfire roars near Yosemite
- House passes late term abortion ban
- BuzzFeed reporter Hastings dead at 33
- Koch's tombstone with wrong date corrected
- Man pleads not guilty to naked subway attacks
- Google files court case against surveillance secrecy
- Obama to call for cut in nuclear warheads