Editors: The story Philippines Typhoon, which was last published at 8:54 p.m. on Saturday, December 8, incorrectly stated the scale of Typhoon Bopha. It is the strongest tropical cyclone to hit the Philippine island of Mindanao in decades, not the strongest to hit the Philippines in decades. It is the strongest typhoon to hit the Philippines this year. Also, the byline and dateline on the story were outdated. The byline should have been "CNN Staff" and the story should not have carried a dateline. Please correct all copy as needed.
- Holder involved in decision on reporter's emails
- Gas explosion kills 17 children in minivan
- Donations for Oklahoma top $20 million
- Oklahoma principals recall day tornado hit
- London police make terror arrest
- School district, student at odds over tweet
- 2 held after Pakistan-UK flight diverted
- Carrie Underwood donates $1 mil to Red Cross
- How safe is that bridge you're driving over?