(CNN) -- Investigators believe that Adam Lanza, the Connecticut school massacre shooter, attempted to buy a gun at Dick's Sporting Goods in Danbury on Tuesday -- but was unsuccessful, a law enforcement source said. Employees at the store -- about 12 miles from Sandy Hook Elementary -- have been interviewed and have searched the store's surveillance cameras for evidence that Adam Lanza had been there.
- Karzai quits peace, security talks
- Blaze blamed on campfire roars near Yosemite
- Feds, again, leave empty-handed in Hoffa hunt
- Obama seeks to cut U.S., Russian nuclear arms
- Two charged in bizarre X-ray terror plot
- Paris Jackson testimony seen in Jackson trial
- Was TWA Flight 800 crash accidental?
- 14 die in attack on Somali U.N. headquarters
- Oil filter problem forces 787 to land