(CNN) -- France has confirmed the death of Abdelhamid Abou Zeid, a deputy leader of al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb. He was killed February in an operation led by the French forces in Northern Mali. French officials would not confirm his death at the time, saying they were waiting for the results of DNA analysis.
- 2 women dead in San Antonio flooding
- 'Boom' first sign of problem on I-5 bridge
- Carrie Underwood donates $1 mil to Red Cross
- Blogger sent to Turkish prison for blasphemy
- Sources: News Corp long aware of Fox News subpoenas
- Moore graduations give respite from tragedy
- French soldier stabbed while on patrol
- Giffords to graduates: 'Be bold'
- New York's 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again