(CNN) -- Al Qaeda on Monday claimed responsibility for the destruction of a Syrian Army convoy in western Iraq last week that killed some 48 Syrians and nine Iraqi soldiers. The statement was released on jihadist forms.
- Powerball mania: Jackpot hits $600 million
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Dispatcher: 50 injured when car hits parade
- Crash investigation may restrict train service for days
- Cloning stem cells: What does it mean?
- France signs same-sex marriage bill into law
- GOP: IRS scandal one more strike against health care law
- U.N.: Syria refugee count past 1.5 million
- Sectarian violence erupts anew in Iraq