(CNN)- President Obama declared Tuesday that a major disaster exists in Maryland after it was battered by Superstorm Sandy. That designation allows certain federal aid to be used to help the state recover.
- 5 still hospitalized after trains crash
- Violence surges in strategic Syrian city
- Pakistanis vote after party official's death
- Iran claims it hanged CIA, Mossad spies
- Iraq racked by violence
- 2 FBI agents die in hostage rescue training
- Winning numbers for Powerball jackpot are ...
- Obama to give promised speech on terrorism, drones
- Despite 'shortage of common sense' in D.C., Obama expresses optimism