(CNN) -- The Jackson, Mississippi, police detective who was killed inside a police station Thursday night was overpowered and shot with his own weapon, and the shooter, a murder suspect, died of a self-inflicted gunshot from the same weapon, a Mississippi Bureau of Investigation spokesman says.
- Mandela memorial interpreter asks for forgiveness
- Asiana pilot concerned before crash
- Gym mat death: Parents want organs probe
- Teen gets probation for deadly DWI crash
- George W. Bush encourages Ala. kicker with letter
- IKEA recalls children's wall lamps
- Swim champ gives rival his trophy
- Police: Teens break into mansion, party
- Student, 19, dies in fraternity 'ritual'