(CNN) -- A construction subcontractor breached a gas line with an underground boring machine Tuesday evening, leading to a deadly explosion in Kansas City a little more than an hour later, Missouri Gas Energy Chief Operating Officer Robert Hack told a news conference on Wednesday.
- 12 bombs rock Baghdad
- Heart cancels SeaWorld show
- Jenni Rivera plane crash probe still ongoing
- Security pact a topic in Hagel's Afghan trip
- Israeli president on meeting Rouhani : Why not?
- Nelson Mandela: The ultimate male feminist?
- Police: Newlyweds lure man for thrill killing
- Mandela family: 'He will always be with us'
- NASA shares image of massive 'Hexagon'