At least four people are dead after after a container vessel collided with a car carrier in the North Sea, the Netherlands Coast Guard said Thursday. The search for eight missing people was called off at 2 a.m. A decision on whether to continue the operation was to be made at first light. The carrier Baltic Ace began sinking immediately after it collided with the container vessel at 7:15 p.m. (1:15 p.m. ET) Wednesday, 60 kilometers (32 miles) west of Rotterdam, according to Coast Guard P.R. Manager Peter Verburg.
- Official: Police bullet kills Hofstra student
- Dispatcher: 50 injured when car hits parade
- Feds probing Connecticut train crash
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Beckham plays final home match
- Cloning stem cells: What does it mean?
- France signs same-sex marriage bill into law
- GOP: IRS scandal one more strike against health care law
- U.N.: Syria refugee count past 1.5 million