At least four people are dead after after a container vessel collided with a car carrier in the North Sea, the Netherlands Coast Guard said Thursday. The search for eight missing people was called off at 2 a.m. A decision on whether to continue the operation was to be made at first light. The carrier Baltic Ace began sinking immediately after it collided with the container vessel at 7:15 p.m. (1:15 p.m. ET) Wednesday, 60 kilometers (32 miles) west of Rotterdam, according to Coast Guard P.R. Manager Peter Verburg.
- Judge says Arizona sheriff was profiling
- Holder involved in decision on reporter's emails
- Gas explosion kills 17 children in minivan
- Donations for Oklahoma top $20 million
- Oklahoma principals recall day tornado hit
- School district, student at odds over tweet
- 2 held after Pakistan-UK flight diverted
- Carrie Underwood donates $1 mil to Red Cross
- How safe is that bridge you're driving over?