(CNN) -- David Ranta, who had been jailed since 1991 for the killing of a Brooklyn rabbi during a botched diamond heist, has been released from custody on a judge's order. The order came Thursday after prosecutors said they believe Ranta is innocent. The judge said in a hearing Thursday that the case was a miscarriage of justice.
- French soldier stabbed while on patrol
- Flooding kills 1 in San Antonio, Texas
- Giffords to graduates: 'Be bold'
- New York's 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Judge says Arizona sheriff was profiling
- Kerry criticizes Nigeria on human rights
- Moore graduations give respite from tragedy
- Millions march against Monsanto
- 7 injured after trains collide in Missouri