(CNN) -- David Ranta, who had been jailed since 1991 for the killing of a Brooklyn rabbi during a botched diamond heist, has been released from custody on a judge's order. The order came Thursday after prosecutors said they believe Ranta is innocent. The judge said in a hearing Thursday that the case was a miscarriage of justice.
- World mourns Mandela: 'We will always love Madiba'
- Severe pollution hangs over Shanghai
- Unemployment rate falls to 5-year low
- Scott Brown makes location flub
- It's a winter mess from the SW to NE
- Nelson Mandela death: Examining the backlash
- Nelson Mandela's funeral plans
- Nelson Mandela: 10 surprising facts
- U.S. women having fewer children