(CNN) -- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo issued a state of emergency on Friday as a powerful storm bore down on the region.
- Iraq Shiites targeted amid sectarian strife
- Hot air balloons crash in Turkey, 2 dead
- S. Korea: North fires 6th projectile into sea
- 14 dead in Indonesia mine collapse
- Christie scrutinized for cameo in NJ tourism ad
- Yahoo buys Tumblr, promises to not 'screw it up'
- High court to review case over public prayers
- High school prom, 50 years later
- Damaged commuter rail snarls traffic into NYC