(CNN)--North Korea has extended its launch window for a long-range rocket by one week to December 29, the state-run Korean Central News Agency reported Monday, citing a spokesman for the Korean Committee of Space Technology. The North says the launch is aimed at putting a scientific satellite in orbit, but the United States and South Korea say it's cover for testing ballistic missile technology.
- Ex-San Diego Mayor Filner sentenced
- Ukraine president backs talks to end crisis
- It's coast to coast: Winter weather slams U.S.
- 91 world leaders go to honor Mandela
- Climber who cut off own arm arrested
- AMC offers stock to loyal movie fans
- American falls short on 'Arabs Got Talent'
- Snowden docs had NYT exec fearing for his life
- Bride goes on trial for groom's fatal fall