(CNN)--North Korea has extended its launch window for a long-range rocket by one week to December 29, the state-run Korean Central News Agency reported Monday, citing a spokesman for the Korean Committee of Space Technology. The North says the launch is aimed at putting a scientific satellite in orbit, but the United States and South Korea say it's cover for testing ballistic missile technology.
- 5 still hospitalized after trains crash
- Violence surges in strategic Syrian city
- Pakistanis vote after party official's death
- Iran claims it hanged CIA, Mossad spies
- Iraq racked by violence
- 2 FBI agents die in hostage rescue training
- Winning numbers for Powerball jackpot are ...
- Obama to give promised speech on terrorism, drones
- Despite 'shortage of common sense' in D.C., Obama expresses optimism