(CNN) -- A powerful 7.1-magnitude earthquake rattled the Solomon Islands Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
- Treasury closes books on GM bailout
- Congress: Deadlines pushed and holiday cheer?
- U.S. military aircraft to aid African mission
- Mandela ceremony draws the world
- Man kills self after girlfriend won't stop shopping
- Ukraine president backs talks to end crisis
- Catholic college police officer kills student
- Travel havoc, family missing, many stranded
- Kremlin dissolves Russia's news agency