(CNN) -- Daryl Parks, an attorney for Trayvon Martin's family, said this to CNN's "New Day" Thursday about why the family is speaking to the news media today: "Maybe Trayvon's human aspect in the course of the case didn't come out quite as much. As you listen to that juror (who has spoken publicly), she talks very deeply about George Zimmerman and humanizes George Zimmerman, when in this case Trayvon was the victim here."
- Gay waitress loses job after tip probe
- Lenin statue toppled in Ukraine
- Man vs. machine: Who should be at the wheel?
- Report: German president to boycott Olympics
- Heart cancels SeaWorld show
- Nelson Mandela: Churches honor legacy
- Winter storm aims at East Coast
- Sheriff says no to lowering flag for Mandela
- Homeland Security chair: Terror threat spreading overseas