(CNN) -- Venezuela has banned the sale, distribution and consumption of alcoholic beverages throughout the country as part of the seven days of mourning marking Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's death, the country's Interior Ministry said in a statement Wednesday.
- Sheriff says no to lowering flag for Mandela
- Series of blasts kill 24 in Iraq
- Female Egyptian protesters' defender arrested
- Thai opposition to resign from parliament
- South Korea expands its air defense zone
- American falls short on 'Arabs Got Talent'
- Heart cancels SeaWorld show
- Ukraine braces for more protests
- Police: Newlyweds lure man for thrill killing