(CNN) -- Venezuela has banned the sale, distribution and consumption of alcoholic beverages throughout the country as part of the seven days of mourning marking Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's death, the country's Interior Ministry said in a statement Wednesday.
- Bright explosion on moon visible from Earth
- Cannes Chaos: Man fires blanks on set
- Hofstra student killed in home invasion
- Police arrest actor Edward Furlong
- Amputee Aimee Copeland uses new bionic hands
- Texas sues BP, others over oil spill
- NRA pushes for recall of Colorado legislator
- U.N.: Syria refugee count past 1.5 million
- 'I thought that lady was gonna die'