The ancient oaks that form so much of our forestry, municipal plantings and provide the tree canopy without whose shade life would be unbearably hot here in Jacksonville. Southerners are pretty fond in general of the old oaks, and Maya has taken pains to find some of the most ancient members of this tree tribe for her photo essay.
- International Women's Day: Putting the 'ale' in female
- Zimmerman a factor in moving gun show?
- Government can't hold NSA data longer
- Cossacks smash into Ukrainian military post
- Police: Mom who drove into ocean arrested
- Obama drives ahead with domestic agenda - and vacation - amid Ukraine...
- Recalled beef may have reached 35 states
- Transgender woman sues CrossFit
- Military standoff escalates in Ukraine