The ancient oaks that form so much of our forestry, municipal plantings and provide the tree canopy without whose shade life would be unbearably hot here in Jacksonville. Southerners are pretty fond in general of the old oaks, and Maya has taken pains to find some of the most ancient members of this tree tribe for her photo essay.
- Bias alleged in arrest of pregnant California woman
- Tar balls wash up on popular California beach
- Texas braces for onslaught of more rain
- India's scorcher: What's behind heat wave?
- Two tie as winners of National Spelling Bee
- James Holmes: I had 'regrets' over deadly shootings
- US green energy use highest since 1930s
- Pataki makes long-shot bid for President
- Report: Eruption evacuates Japanese island