The ancient oaks that form so much of our forestry, municipal plantings and provide the tree canopy without whose shade life would be unbearably hot here in Jacksonville. Southerners are pretty fond in general of the old oaks, and Maya has taken pains to find some of the most ancient members of this tree tribe for her photo essay.
- OSCE team reaches MH17 crash site area
- Bush writes book about Bush
- Israel calls up thousands more reservists
- Peace Corps removes workers over Ebola threat
- No deal: Argentina in default as talks fail
- What is risk of catching Ebola on a plane?
- Protection agencies: 5 'worst' consumer complaints
- Could Ebola come to the United States?
- Toddler dies after getting trapped in hot car