The ancient oaks that form so much of our forestry, municipal plantings and provide the tree canopy without whose shade life would be unbearably hot here in Jacksonville. Southerners are pretty fond in general of the old oaks, and Maya has taken pains to find some of the most ancient members of this tree tribe for her photo essay.
- MH370: If debris is confirmed, what's next?
- UK plane crash 'kills Bin Laden relatives'
- Greek stock market to reopen, with restrictions
- Colorado pot bank sues the Fed
- Mt.Gox CEO arrested in Japan
- Results are in: Teen vaccination and more
- Uber world's most valuable startup
- Negotiations stall on biggest trade deal ever
- 1 firefighter dies; thousands battle California fires