The ancient oaks that form so much of our forestry, municipal plantings and provide the tree canopy without whose shade life would be unbearably hot here in Jacksonville. Southerners are pretty fond in general of the old oaks, and Maya has taken pains to find some of the most ancient members of this tree tribe for her photo essay.
- Wilson's lawyers discuss his time in hiding
- Who's 'professor' from Michael Brown autopsy?
- OPEC: No cut in oil production and prices keep falling
- Crime novelist P.D. James dies at 94
- 'Positive' results in 1st Ebola vaccine trial
- European Parliament votes for Google breakup
- Suicide attack kills 5 in Afghan capital
- Queen Elizabeth II honored with lifetime achievement award
- CNN Poll: 86% of Americans to eat turkey