The ancient oaks that form so much of our forestry, municipal plantings and provide the tree canopy without whose shade life would be unbearably hot here in Jacksonville. Southerners are pretty fond in general of the old oaks, and Maya has taken pains to find some of the most ancient members of this tree tribe for her photo essay.
- Aaron Hernandez trial begins
- Jewish leader: Group locked into Auschwitz
- Taylor Swift trademarks 'This sick beat'
- Nickelodeon to launch direct-to-consumer service
- Ebola cases drop to lowest level since June
- Sunset: Fate of ISIS captives still unclear
- Astronomy first: 'Super Saturn' rings
- White House drops college savings proposal
- Comcast changes customer name to profanity