The ancient oaks that form so much of our forestry, municipal plantings and provide the tree canopy without whose shade life would be unbearably hot here in Jacksonville. Southerners are pretty fond in general of the old oaks, and Maya has taken pains to find some of the most ancient members of this tree tribe for her photo essay.
- Astronaut to lift off on history-making mission
- Police: 2 missing in New York explosion
- Yemen: Residents fear worst is yet to come
- Google's new CFO and her $70 million pay package
- Obama, Pope Francis meeting scheduled
- Harry Reid, Senate minority leader, to retire
- Germanwings co-pilot kept 'illness secret'
- Senate passes GOP-approved budget plan
- Mideast coalition pounds Yemen from the air