The ancient oaks that form so much of our forestry, municipal plantings and provide the tree canopy without whose shade life would be unbearably hot here in Jacksonville. Southerners are pretty fond in general of the old oaks, and Maya has taken pains to find some of the most ancient members of this tree tribe for her photo essay.
- Ukraine militants, army in tense standoff
- Marionville mayor: Murder suspect wanted to 'go out with a bang'
- MH370: Underwater search vessel resurfaces
- Nearly 300 missing after S. Korean ferry sinks
- Boston Marathon: How to keep 26.2 miles safe
- Survivors tell of panic on board ferry
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims
- Oklahoma bans local minimum wage hikes
- Bloomberg to mount $50 million NRA challenge