The ancient oaks that form so much of our forestry, municipal plantings and provide the tree canopy without whose shade life would be unbearably hot here in Jacksonville. Southerners are pretty fond in general of the old oaks, and Maya has taken pains to find some of the most ancient members of this tree tribe for her photo essay.
- Prosecutors re-try Michael Dunn murder case
- Police: Pennsylvania cop killer's rifle found
- Kerry: New York climate summit to set agenda
- ISIS calls for attacks in U.S. and allies
- White House security beefed up after 2 incidents
- Speed-dating diplomacy on tap at UN
- Ebola lockdown workers find dozens of cases
- Why is ISIS taunting the West?
- 2 passenger planes turn back to Dallas