Fire burns in Jax Beach bowling alley
Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a grease fire in the kitchen of a bowling alley on Beach Boulevard early Tuesday morning.
Jacksonville Beach firefighters requested Jacksonville Fire-Rescue to assist after the fire was reported at Beach Bowl at 818 Beach Blvd. about 8:30 a.m.
IMAGES: Firefighters battle fire at Beach Bowl
Flames were seen coming from a kitchen vent in the roof of the building when fire crews arrived.
JFRD evaluated two people, but both declined transport to the hospital.
"One of the girls was working in the snack bar and I talked to her out back, said Dane Jefferys, manager of Sunrise Surf Shop, located next door. "She said she turned her back for one second and heard a pow and grease was shooting all over the wall and fire was coming out of the snack bar. She said she turned the sprinkler on but it didn't get rid of the fire -- she said they started inhaling smoke so they had to leave."
Firefighters said the fire was out within 30 minutes. No damage estimate was immediately available.
Fire crews said they had responded to an electrical fire at a catering shop across the street earlier Tuesday morning. Neither of the fires was considered suspicious.
Copyright 2013 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.