Richard T. Henderson is trying to unseat Calvin A. Bennett as the Ware County Probate judge.
Calvin A. Bennett candidate questionnaire:
FAMILY: Wife, Doris; sons, Scott and Brandon, Scott's his wife, Christy, their daughter Kamryn
OCCUPATION: Probate Judge
EDUCATION: Associates degree in criminal justice, 30 years law enforcement experience
POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: 8 years as Probate Judge of Ware County
WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE TOP THREE ISSUES IN THIS RACE?
- Guardianship's: To insure that the proper screening is done on all Guardians to protect children & incapacitated adults.
- Court Ordered Treatments: Working with court system, Mental Health & Sheriffs Department to provide out patient treatment, to ensure that patients receive their medications.
- Concealed Carry Permits: To ensure the applicants are properly screened.
HOW DO YOU THINK YOU CAN HELP VOTERS IN A WAY OTHERS IN THIS RACE CAN'T?
- "Through my experience in probate for the past eight years and my thirty years of experience of being a State Trooper. I am knowledgeable on Probate, laws and dealing with people."
WHAT WOULD YOU HOPE TO BE REMEMBERED FOR ACCOMPLISHING AFTER SERVING IN THIS OFFICE?
- "I would like to be remembered as a Judge that people could talk to and that helped people in every way that I could."