Students enrolling in college this year will see higher interest rates on school loans. The rates on undergraduate Stafford loans taken out between July 1 and June 30, 2015 will jump to 4.6%. That is increase from the last year's interest rate of 3.8%. Unsubsidized loans will jump from 5.4% to 6.2%. Direct PLUS loans will go up from 6.4% to 7.2%. Interest rates aren't expected to stop rising. The Congressional Budget Office expects them to rise as high as 7.7% in 2018.
- U.S. says ISIS did not down plane
- Where in the world is Santa Claus?
- 'Entourage' trailer debuts
- 5 takeaways from Jeb Bush emails
- Booker offers hairstyle advice to Paul
- #SaveBela dog gets a reprieve
- Judge: Cops can use fake Facebook accounts to lure suspects
- Police: Teen killed near Ferguson was armed
- 1 dead in Christmas Eve shooting at La. mall