Students enrolling in college this year will see higher interest rates on school loans. The rates on undergraduate Stafford loans taken out between July 1 and June 30, 2015 will jump to 4.6%. That is increase from the last year's interest rate of 3.8%. Unsubsidized loans will jump from 5.4% to 6.2%. Direct PLUS loans will go up from 6.4% to 7.2%. Interest rates aren't expected to stop rising. The Congressional Budget Office expects them to rise as high as 7.7% in 2018.
- FBI struggles with surge in U.S. terror cases
- Paris ends relationship with 'love locks'
- Jeb Bush fights lonely battle for Common Core
- 26 die in Nigerian mosque bombing
- The great umbilical cord-cutting debate
- U.S. student killed in blast called a 'hero'
- Muslim claims discrimination on United flight
- Rand Paul promises to derail NSA vote
- O'Malley goes from Clinton ally to foe