Students enrolling in college this year will see higher interest rates on school loans. The rates on undergraduate Stafford loans taken out between July 1 and June 30, 2015 will jump to 4.6%. That is increase from the last year's interest rate of 3.8%. Unsubsidized loans will jump from 5.4% to 6.2%. Direct PLUS loans will go up from 6.4% to 7.2%. Interest rates aren't expected to stop rising. The Congressional Budget Office expects them to rise as high as 7.7% in 2018.
- Threat closes University of Chicago campus
- Pope visits Central African Republic
- Planned Parenthood suspect due in court
- New clues in hunt for Nefertiti's tomb
- Extreme weather kills 10; more snow, flooding
- 12 days of Christmas tops $34k
- 40,000 lbs. of meat missing, never delivered
- California man dies after becoming stuck in chimney
- COP21: 'Never have the stakes been so high'