Students enrolling in college this year will see higher interest rates on school loans. The rates on undergraduate Stafford loans taken out between July 1 and June 30, 2015 will jump to 4.6%. That is increase from the last year's interest rate of 3.8%. Unsubsidized loans will jump from 5.4% to 6.2%. Direct PLUS loans will go up from 6.4% to 7.2%. Interest rates aren't expected to stop rising. The Congressional Budget Office expects them to rise as high as 7.7% in 2018.
- Investors cheer: S&P 500 hits all-time high
- Bank of America to pay $16.65 billion over mortgages
- Report: Judge strikes down same-sex marriage ban
- GAO: U.S. broke law in Bergdahl prisoner swap
- U.S. hits ISIS; Foley captors asked millions
- We stand with Ferguson, Holder says
- Sears more 'irrelevant by the day'
- Sotloff friends praise his talent, passion
- White House: No concessions to hostage takers