Students enrolling in college this year will see higher interest rates on school loans. The rates on undergraduate Stafford loans taken out between July 1 and June 30, 2015 will jump to 4.6%. That is increase from the last year's interest rate of 3.8%. Unsubsidized loans will jump from 5.4% to 6.2%. Direct PLUS loans will go up from 6.4% to 7.2%. Interest rates aren't expected to stop rising. The Congressional Budget Office expects them to rise as high as 7.7% in 2018.
- China could really hurt Democrats in 2016
- La. high school football player dies after injury
- European migrant crisis at a glance
- Bilingual anchor's defense of Spanish pronunciations sparks debate
- Who is Kim Davis, clerk jailed over same-sex marriage?
- 30 hospitalized in school gas incident
- Whole Foods guard allegedly beats shopper
- Ex-Labor employee admits bootleg movie scheme
- Texas deputy shot and killed is laid to rest