Students enrolling in college this year will see higher interest rates on school loans. The rates on undergraduate Stafford loans taken out between July 1 and June 30, 2015 will jump to 4.6%. That is increase from the last year's interest rate of 3.8%. Unsubsidized loans will jump from 5.4% to 6.2%. Direct PLUS loans will go up from 6.4% to 7.2%. Interest rates aren't expected to stop rising. The Congressional Budget Office expects them to rise as high as 7.7% in 2018.
- Clinton campaign corrals media
- Kate Hudson sings 'The Star-Spangled Banner'
- Christie, Rubio bunk with Romney at N.H. retreat
- WikiLeaks alleges spying by U.S. on Brazil
- Tunisia: New attack would cause 'collapse'
- Joey Chestnut's reign as top dog ends
- Clinton to boy: 'Future is going to be amazing'
- China spends billions to prevent stock market crash
- Rain can't stop Atlanta Peachtree Road Race