Students enrolling in college this year will see higher interest rates on school loans. The rates on undergraduate Stafford loans taken out between July 1 and June 30, 2015 will jump to 4.6%. That is increase from the last year's interest rate of 3.8%. Unsubsidized loans will jump from 5.4% to 6.2%. Direct PLUS loans will go up from 6.4% to 7.2%. Interest rates aren't expected to stop rising. The Congressional Budget Office expects them to rise as high as 7.7% in 2018.
- Iraqi forces, Kurds claim gains against ISIS
- Death toll as Lebanese army, militants clash
- Grandfather: Marysville school shooter hit cousins
- To hug or not to hug -- never a question
- Ebola: Woman isolated in N.J. tests negative
- Quarantines if you treat Ebola in Africa?
- Mother of US hostage asks for ISIS response
- Alleged rapist's killer executed in Iran
- Woman recalls last words spoken to slain Canadian soldier