Students enrolling in college this year will see higher interest rates on school loans. The rates on undergraduate Stafford loans taken out between July 1 and June 30, 2015 will jump to 4.6%. That is increase from the last year's interest rate of 3.8%. Unsubsidized loans will jump from 5.4% to 6.2%. Direct PLUS loans will go up from 6.4% to 7.2%. Interest rates aren't expected to stop rising. The Congressional Budget Office expects them to rise as high as 7.7% in 2018.
- Raven-Symoné has issues with 'ghetto' names
- Nobel Peace Prize: 5 things to know
- Lawyer grilling Cosby 'goes after guys who hurt women'
- Secret Service agent who aided Reagan after shooting dies
- U.S. suspending program to train Syrian rebels
- Colleagues confronted McCarthy over rumors
- Poll: Trump, Carson hold onto top 2 spots
- Obama goes to Oregon after shooting
- One killed, 3 injured in Arizona university shooting