Students enrolling in college this year will see higher interest rates on school loans. The rates on undergraduate Stafford loans taken out between July 1 and June 30, 2015 will jump to 4.6%. That is increase from the last year's interest rate of 3.8%. Unsubsidized loans will jump from 5.4% to 6.2%. Direct PLUS loans will go up from 6.4% to 7.2%. Interest rates aren't expected to stop rising. The Congressional Budget Office expects them to rise as high as 7.7% in 2018.
- Baltimore riots: Looting, fires engulf city
- Nepal earthquake: Death toll passes 4,400
- Nepal earthquake donations: Who's sending what
- What to watch at SCOTUS gay marriage hearing
- New Manhattan condo will cost over $3 million
- 3 Treasury Secretaries: Don't fear China. Fear Washington.
- Police are ready for Mayweather-Pacquiao crowds
- Avalanche engulfing Everest camp on video
- Jayne Meadows, wife of Steve Allen, dies at 95