Students enrolling in college this year will see higher interest rates on school loans. The rates on undergraduate Stafford loans taken out between July 1 and June 30, 2015 will jump to 4.6%. That is increase from the last year's interest rate of 3.8%. Unsubsidized loans will jump from 5.4% to 6.2%. Direct PLUS loans will go up from 6.4% to 7.2%. Interest rates aren't expected to stop rising. The Congressional Budget Office expects them to rise as high as 7.7% in 2018.
- Scenes from #FloodWallStreet: 'Corporate capitalism = Climate chaos '
- 3 missing Afghan soldiers now in custody
- Ferrari recalls 3,000 cars for entrapment danger
- Chris Christie builds profile as he eyes 2016
- How Secret Service could beef up White House security
- 'Call of Duty' creators: Noriega suit absurd
- Stephen King's '11/22/63' is coming to Hulu
- Climate activists take on Wall Street
- ISIS calls for attacks in U.S. and allies