JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Cities and towns across northeast Florida and southeast Georgia are holding community celebrations for Independence Day.
Here's a sampling of activities available:
- Ice Skating and family activities, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Veterans Memorial Arena ($3 skate rental)
- American Flag display along Independent Drive near the Main Street Bridge, 9 a.m. to midnight
- Concert in Metropolitan Park. Gates open at 4 p.m., music begins at 5 p.m.
- Boat decorating contest, 4 p.m., Northbank riverfront
- Fireworks over the St. Johns River, 9:45 p.m. (also live on Channel 4)
For more information, visit MakeASceneDowntown.com.
- "Liberty Celebration," 4 to 10 p.m., Sea Walk Pavilion
- Food and music, including Navy Band Southeast
- Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- Second Annual God And Country Celebration by Solomon Lodge No. 20 and Scottish Rite of Jacksonville
- Music, speakers, historical tours, carriage rides, kids' area
- Begins at 10 a.m.
- 10th annual parade down River Road, 2 p.m.
- American Pie Fourth of July event at Moosehaven Retirement Community
- Fireworks display over the St. Johns River, 9:30 p.m.
- Stars and Stripes Freedom Festival at the Central Park Pavilion, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Patriotic Parade down Centre Street, 7 p.m.
- Concert of American music in front of the Depot, 8 p.m.
- Fireworks at the Harbor Marina, 9:30 p.m.
- Music, beauty pageant and drum circle, downtown, 5 to 11 p.m.
- Music, BBQ and watermelon eating contests and more, downtown, noon to 11 p.m.
- Fireworks at dusk
- The All-Star Orchestra plays at the Plaza de la Constitucion, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Fireworks over the Mantanzas, 9:30 p.m.
- Celebration at Mary Ross Waterfront Park begins at 7 p.m.
- Fireworks at dark
- Beach deck near convention center; fireworks at dark
- Fireworks at 9 p.m. at pier
- All-day festival along waterfront includes foot races, classic car show, kids' area and live music.
- Parade at 10 a.m.; fireworks after dark
- All-day even at Memorial Stadium features live music, food and games.
- Fireworks at 9 p.m.
Copyright 2011 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.