Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over

State Attorney to hold news conference at 2 p.m. Thursday

Headline Goes Here
Jameis Winston

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - The prosecutor overseeing the investigation of sexual assault allegations against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston says it is completed.

State Attorney Willie Meggs has scheduled a news conference at 2 p.m. Thursday in his office to announce his findings.

Meggs says investigators have learned as much as they can about the December 2012 incident.

ESPN first reported that the investigation had been completed.

A lawyer for Winston has suggested that the star quarterback and the accuser had consensual sex. But the family of the victim has accused the 19-year-old of rape.

Meggs has said he wanted to make sure prosecutors completed a thorough investigation before making a final decision. He has also said several times that it's up to prosecutors to determine whether there is a "reasonable" chance of conviction.

Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.