ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. - Black Friday is almost here and for those wanting to slip away from Jacksonville to do their holiday shopping, St. Augustine Premium Outlets is the perfect place to head.
All stores at the outlet stores will be open by midnight Friday, but some are opening as early as 9 p.m. on Thursday.
The outlet mall will also have extended shopping hours throughout the weekend. For a list of each store's opening time for Black Friday, discounts and the rest of the weekend, visit http://bit.ly/6201Xm.
Assistant General Manager if the St. Augustine Premium Outlets Angie Vennerstrom said they are expecting very heavy crowds over the Black Friday weekend and added, "All of our stores are going to have fantastic deals throughout the weekend."
Because of the large crowds that are expected, Vennerstrom said shoppers should keep in mind the following holiday shopping safety tips:
- Have a game plan: Take a look at a center map, sales information and all the details you need from http://bit.ly/6201Xm to determine your plan-of-attack. Knowing ahead of time will make shopping less overwhelming when you hit the center on Black Friday. Also, be sure to check for off-site parking lots in case the main ones are full. Establish your gift list in advance and be sure to include plenty of special items for yourself - your deserve it.
- Timing is everything: Many stores offer extra savings as an incentive for early shoppers but if getting up early is not your forte, shop later in the day - - it's a great time to avoid some of the larger crowds. Remember some stores will be opening even before midnight on Thanksgiving and the sale doesn't end on Black Friday. Saturday and Sunday will offer great sales as well.
- Create a Black Friday survival kit: Arm yourself with everything you'll need to make your shopping experience pleasant. Be sure to pack emergency snacks including power bars, bottled water, as well as practical items such as a digital music player, book or magazine to help pass the time while braving long lines.
- Dress for the occasion: Pick an outfit that's comfortable, stylish and practical. Wear layers so you can easily try on other pieces over your own tank or tee. The right shoes matter, so wear shoes or boots that slide on and off easily and are comfortable enough for navigating through the center and make waiting in long lines a breeze.
- Don't Hesitate: If you see it and love it, buy it because it will be gone soon. Merchandise sells fast and the item may never be sold again, especially during the After-Thanksgiving Weekend Sale when the deals are unbeatable.
Copyright 2012 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.