JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Walmart pulled a popular brand of infant formula from its 3,000 stores.
The formula in question is Enfamil Newborn powder.
Walmart took it off store shelves as a cautionary move after a newborn in Missouri was given this formula and died.
Avery Cornett was born healthy -- but about a week after his birth he developed a rare bacterial infection and died. The bacteria that he died from can only grow in dry formula.
The national government did not issue a recall though. This is something that Walmart did on their own as a precaution.
A batch of the formula given to Avery tested negative for bacterium, but the specific bacteria in question can grow in dry formula, meaning it could appear after shipment.
If anyone has the 12.5 ounce cans with the lot number ZP1K7G, they should return them for an exchange or refund.
If anyone has any additional questions, the phone number for the company is 1-800-BABY-123.
Copyright 2011 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.